Building Facilities at Blackburn Court
For visitors with disabilities or specific needs, Blackburn Court offers various facilities and support to ensure a comfortable and accessible experience. Please take note of the following information:
- Disability Assistance: If you require assistance to attend a hearing, please contact 0330 808 4407 for further guidance and support.
- Parking: Unfortunately, there are no parking facilities available at the building. However, public parking on Feilden Street, located off-site, is accessible for visitors.
- Disabled Access: Blackburn Court is equipped with a chair lift and accessible toilet facilities. To request assistance, please contact the Facilities Office at 01254 687 523/524.
- Hidden Disabilities: The court supports the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower Scheme. Visitors can request lanyards related to the scheme at the court.
- Assistance Dogs: Visitors with assistance dogs are welcomed at Blackburn Court.
- Hearing Loop: The building provides a portable hearing enhancement system, available upon prior arrangement. Please inform the court of your requirements by contacting them via telephone or email.
- Security Arch: To ensure safety and security, all individuals and their belongings will be subject to a security search upon entering the building. If you have a pacemaker, please inform the security officer.
- Refreshments: Vending machines offering hot and cold drinks, as well as snacks, are available within the venue.
- Interview Rooms: Four interview rooms are accessible at Blackburn Court. These rooms cannot be booked in advance, so please inquire at the reception on the day of your hearing if you require their use.
- Video Facilities: By prior arrangement, the court provides video conferencing facilities for court hearings. For any queries regarding this service, please email CVP.BlackburnMC@justice.gov.uk.
Blackburn Court aims to provide a safe, inclusive, and accommodating environment for all visitors. Should you have any specific requirements or questions regarding the facilities, feel free to reach out to the court for further assistance.