Blackburn and Darwen Council have today published details of the reopening of some of their key services, including Town Halls and Libraries.
Many Council services will be opening in July – here is all you need to know.
Services getting ready to open up include Blackburn Town Hall, Blackburn and Darwen Libraries, registrar service and Blackburn Museum.
Many new systems have been put in place to help protect visitors and staff including new booking systems, limiting the number of people at any one time and social distancing measures.
Services will be required to ask people for their details on their visits with signing in sheets to support the infection control efforts.
The main information is:
- The front desk at Blackburn Town Hall will be opening on a restricted basis during the week commencing July 13th.
Changes will include Perspex screens to protect visitors and staff, a queuing system, and limited numbers of visitors at any one time. The public telephones will not be available due to health and safety concerns.
- Darwen Town Hall and 10 Duke Street will also re-open on w/c July 13th with new systems.
Visitors should only visit the town hall if absolutely necessary. The majority of services are available online and people should continue to contact the Council this way if possible.
- Blackburn Library will be re-opening on Monday, July 6th, and Darwen Library will be open from Monday, July 13th.
Blackburn library from Monday 6th July – Monday to Friday: 10am to 4pm, Saturday: 10am to 1pm
Darwen library from Monday 13th July – Monday: 10am to 1pm, Wednesday: 1pm to 4pm, Thursday: 1pm to 4pm, Friday: 10am to 1pm, Saturday: 10am to 1pm.
- Customers who are unable to visit the library may be eligible for the Home Delivery Service.
- Or why not try our eReading services… with over 30,000 eBooks, 11,000 eAudio titles and 170 eMagazines to choose from there is something to suit everyone. They are free to enjoy any time, any place using your personal device. All you need to do it download the FREE BorrowBox app for eBooks and eAudio, or RB Digital app for eMagazines. These services are also available via our website.
For more information: Telephone: (01254) 661221 or email: email@example.com
- Blackburn Museum will be opening from Wednesday, July 15th, with the usual opening hours of Wednesday to Saturday from 12pm to 4.45pm.
A booking system will be in place, with hourly entrances for visitors. Hand sanitiser will be available in the museum. The booking system will be made available shortly.
- Witton Park Arena, Darwen Leisure Centre and Blackburn Sports and Leisure Centre are not currently open. When they are able to open, Witton Park Arena will have a greater focus on targeted health session delivery allowing Darwen Leisure Centre and Blackburn Sports and Leisure Centre to maximise capacity for pre-paid, pre-booked gym, swim and group exercise sessions.