Win £50 to spend at Le RainFlorist in Blackburn Market
Adverts help to keep this site free to read and use
Win a Family Ticket to Cinderella at the Empire
Ricky Groves steps into Pantomime’s Fleshcreep Role at King George’s Hall
Big Christmas Giveaway is back for 2022
Follow the Tantalising Trail of Gingerbread this Christmas
Login or Register an Account to Add & ManageEVENTS, JOBS, BUSINESS LISTINGS, NEWS
Quick Links ///
Home /// History Images
S. Caunce & Sons Fruit & Vegetable stall on Blackburn open market
Blackburn Market Place, Victoria Street side. It is a non-market day.
The interior of the Market Hall. The Palatine café was very popular with the shoppers of Blackburn
Witton House, Witton Park in 1956. The house was the home of the Feilden family. The house fell into disrepair. In 1946 the land and House were sold to Blackburn
St Jude’s Parade Leicester Road
Richmond Terrace. When first laid out these Regency Houses were named West Street. Joseph Jardine, a Blackburn Poet was born here in 1819
Holy Trinity Church Parade walking down Primrose Bank towards Larkhill.
Holy Trinity Church Procession of Witness, proceeding along Primrose Bank.
Harrison’s Institute, Invalid Cookery course for Nurses
The Grand Theatre on Jubilee Street in the 1950’s
A view of Whitebirk Power Station from across the fields to the South. The fourth and final cooling tower is under construction. December 10 1951
Weights & Measures Inspectors at E. H. Booths at their original grocery store in Blackburn
Darwen Street Bridge as you approach the town centre
A Caravan Rally in Witton Park
1952; Blackburn Subscription Bowling Club
A view of a busy Blackburn Boulevard in the 1950’s. The Railway Station is on the right with the Star and Garter public house to the left of it. Syd
Blackburn Boulevard in the 1950’s. The bus shelters have yet to be built. The railway station and Palace Theatre can be seen.
Blackburn Market place from Victoria Street. The street on the right is Market Place. it is a non market day and the market square is being used as a car
Looking at the north side of Blackburn Cathedral from the old burial ground. The Lantern Tower is still to be built.
Blackburn Cathedral taken from the Boulevard in the 1950s. The Extension is just being built.
Prize winning float in the 1951 Centenary Celebrations Coming from Blakey Moor onto Northgate. Notice the “Player’s Please” cigarette flag.
Looking up Montague Street form the King Street end. The upper part was once known as Branch Road. At the top can be seen the spire of Trinity Wesleyan Chapel.
King William Street, formerly known as Livesey Street, it was opened up in 1932, several ancient houses being demolished to give access to the old market place. A policeman was
Leyland Mansion, King Street. Erected 1745 by William Leyland, founder of the Girls Charity School, Thunder Alley. Later it was the residence of W.H. Hornby.
Council houses on Kelsall Avenue, Little Harwood. The estate was built in 1948-49 near to Philips Road and the Mullards Factory.
Erected in the mid 18 Century. Richard Cardwell lived here, grandfather of Viscount Cardwell, M.P. For Clitheroe in 1842. Now the home of Age UK
Serving & supporting the local community for over 10 years.
Adverts help to keep this site free to access
Copyright Square Cactus Limited © 2022. All Rights Reserved.